Improving Qlikview Export Quality Image

I was at the Ohio Qlik User Group meeting today and saw a very interesting presentation from Mike Czerwonky that I thought should be shared with our readers. For the longest time, users have been copying static images of charts/graphs from Qlik into PowerPoint, Excel, emails, etc… With the goal of sharing information with other […]

Continue Reading

Qlikview QVD loop

Sometimes I need to pull in a long list of tables or views and I want to pull in all the fields available to me. A fast and easy way to do this is by simply looping through all of them with load ‘*’ (all). The names of the tables or views being pulled should […]

Continue Reading

Configuring QlikView Server for Multiple Authentication Types – Part 2

In Part 1 of this blog post we examined the configuration steps required for accepting multiple types of authentication when connecting with a single QlikView Server (QVS).  In any multiple authentication scenario, the default document authorization mode must be changed from NTFS authorization to DMS authorization as shown in Figure 1. This is because NTFS […]

Continue Reading

Configuring QlikView Server for Multiple Authentication Types – Part 1

Recently I was involved with a clustered QlikView Server installation project in a very large multi-national enterprise. The QlikView server was designed to service multiple user groups in its lifetime. These user groups where global in scope and used differing authentication methods. In addition, there were multi-year infrastructure projects underway that promised to change the […]

Continue Reading

Qlikview Sub Routine

Few people know that qlikview code can be set up within sub routines. I find this to be a very helpful tool to use in situations where I may not want to reload the entire script. The most common use case for me is the QVD generator. Often times while I am developing, I only […]

Continue Reading