Crystal Reports: The Leading Database Reporting Solution
Crystal Reports is software that enables you to create robust, presentation quality reports from a variety of data sources. Crystal Reports provides access to hundreds of databases and other data sources such as email systems, Web logs and application servers. It is the industry leading report design software and includes advanced features that allow you to derive and manage data for presentation in both electronic and paper formats.
Crystal Reports Editions: There are two editions of Crystal Reports. They include the most recent release of the original Crystal Reports design software “Crystal Reports 2011” and a new Web based version called “Crystal for Enterprise”. Reports created in both versions are supported on the SAP BusinessObjects server platforms, include SAP BusinessObjects Edge Server, SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise and SAP Crystal Server.
Result Data provides consulting and training services on each of the Crystal Reports versions and platforms. Mentoring and report design assistance is also available.
Crystal Reports 2011 can be deployed to end users from a number of different platforms including SAP Crystal Server and SAP BusinessObjects Edge & Enterprise. Key features include the following:
- Advanced Report Design & Layout without programming
- Support for hundreds of data sources and databases
- Native SQL Language Support
- Shareable Formulas
- Advanced Formula Functions Library
- Extensive Charting & Graphing
- Exporting to a Variety of Formats (PDF, Excel etc.)
- Development Environments for Windows, .Net and Java
- .Net & Java API’s
- Integration with BI Platforms
- Cascading, Dynamic Parameters & Prompting
- Embedded dashboards driven by report data
Crystal Reports Editions
- Crystal Reports 2011 – Windows based Report Design software. Reports created with this edition can be deployed to BusinessObjects Enterprise, Edge Server or Crystal Server
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise – Web/Java based report designer that part of a SAP BusinessObjects platform. The edition leverages Universes and is well suited for ad hoc reporting requirements.